Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Count of Monte Cristo

The last three years I have been content in only watching the movie version of The Count of Monte Cristo, but I kept hearing about how good the book was. So, last summer I bought my own copy of the 500 paged abridged version and decided to read it...eventually.
In January I made a list of all the books I wanted to read during 2008 and gave myself a maximum of 3 weeks to read each one. Last week, I was able to start The Count.
I was at first very surprised that the the movie was not closely related to the book! It made me not like the book because I couldn't predict what was going to happen. However, I got over it quickly because the storylines are so amusing. I'm glad that this long book is a page-turner because I don't think I would be able to finish it otherwise!

I am now 60 pages from ending and I wish I didn't have to work today!

2 comments:

Fly_Away said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fly_Away said...

This is such a april fools joke. You aren't reading the COMC at all! I've seen you hide that flatulence prone dog book behind the covers.

The "Case of the Secret Story" is now officially closed.